Take a water taxi cruise from Te Anau to Brod Bay (start of Kepler Track). After experiencing an adventurous walking through mountain and red beech forests, enjoy first night at Luxmore Hut nestled just above the tree line.
On day two enjoy the opportunity of 10 minute side trip to the summit of Mount Luxmore. Have excellent glimpses of the stunning alpine track to the Iris Burn Hut at second night.
From here, go for a day’s tramp down through beech forest. Riverside clearings and visit to Moturau Hut situated beside the panoramic views of Lake Manapouri awaits for you.
The last day is for Rainbow Reach. From here, we will arrange a shuttle bus service (Rainbow Reach to Te Anau) and travel back to Queenstown.
- Pre-trip briefing at 2pm in Queenstown the day before departure
- Coach from Queenstown to Te Anau
- Water taxi from Te Anau to Brod Bay (start of the Kepler)
- Hut accommodation for 3 nights
- Bus from Rainbow Reach (exit point on the Kepler Track) to Te Anau
- Bus from Te Anau to Queenstown
- Souvenir book of the Kepler Track
Departures: – 24th October 17 – 03 May 18
What Clients Need
- Warm clothes (layers are best e.g. wool, polypropylene, polar fleece)
- Waterproof & windproof jacket and pants*
- Comfortable and worn in walking boots*
- Food & water bottle
- Backpack, sleeping bag, cooking & eating utensils*
- Toiletries, first aid kits, torch, matches/lighter
- * Can be hired
HUT ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION
You will rest in Department of Conservation accommodation. These are quite large and totally purpose built huts. As it is nestled in stunning locations and is equipped with comfortable bunk beds, separate bathrooms with travel-friendly flushing toilets, complete relaxation is guaranteed. Cold running water is available, always. Other amenities include: communal kitchen and living room area (properly heated by a coal burner or fireplace). Water and gas rings are correctly supplied for cooking properly in the kitchen area. You will get fully trained Department of Conservation hut warden, available in evenings and solve all queries. They are experienced in delivering evening briefing that includes weather forecasts, flora & fauna details and also information about your adventurous track ahead.